Thursday, December 2, 2010

Who is Hanukkah Harry?

First off, I would like to wish everyone a Happy Hanukkah/Chanukah/Hanukah and all of the other ways you can spell it. I myself am not Jewish, but growing up in Los Angeles I would estimate that 85% of my friends are Jewish.  Which makes me an honorary Jew, as I have been to more Bar and Batmitzvahs than most and have attended dozens of Hanukkah parties over the years.  One question that has always troubled me is, Who is Hanukkah Harry?  Is Hanukkah Harry just a way to counter the Christmas spirit that is brought to all gentiles by Mr. Kris Kringle himself, Santa Claus?  So many questions surround this mythic figure so rather than try to figure it out on my own, I'm going to leave it up to all of our Jewish followers to fill me in.  Until I hear back from all of our dedicated Jewish fans, I'm going to take a page out of Ricky Bobby's book and say that my Hanukkah Harry is a sixty-five year old Jewish man with slicked back gray hair, and he drops off all the presents in an all black S500 Mercedes.

PS I hope you all receive great gifts this year, enjoy your waffle makers and jump ropes!

Is this really Hanukkah Harry????

No comments:

Post a Comment